Dancers & Accumulators
For Accumulation and Speed Regulation of Wire & Cable, Hose and Conduit
• Single and multi-loop units
• Horizontal and vertical directions
• Pneumatic or electric actuation
• For up to 4” diameter cables, using up to 48” diameter sheaves
• Articulating Dancers for off-line product movement
• For multiple cable types, and material types
• 4-20mA or 0-10 VDC analog feedback, along with end of stroke sensing
• Optional clamping and perimeter guarding
• Optional integrated controls for subsequent winding or preceding unwinding equipment
Dancers are primarily used for speed regulation of winding or unwinding equipment. They can act as the primary mode of regulation, or as a trim to another speed reference. They can be linear or pivoting for inline applications, or articulating for applications whereby the product fleets offline. They are usually used in slower line speed applications.
Vertical Dancers are usually supplied with pneumatic cylinder actuation, pressure adjustable to control the tension on the product.
Articulating Dancers can be pneumatically activated, gas spring actuated, or mechanically adjustable via a weight.
Accumulators provide an unlimited amount of product accumulation, usually determined by the process line speed and length of time the process is stopped or slowed down. Accumulators can be positioned in any direction; vertical, horizontal, or angular, and can be actuated either pneumatically or electrically.
Accumulators can also be supplied with pneumatic cylinder actuation, pressure adjustable to control the tension on the product. They can also be supplied with electrical motor actuation such that the torque is controlled, thus controlling the product tension.
Accumulators can be suited to the desired amount of accumulation required. The stroke can be suited to the available space, which in turn determines the number of loops required.